Lizard Lake Trail Guided Hike at Island Lake
Hiking in the Rocky Mountains around Fernie B.C. is simply spectacular.
The 7,000 acres of pristine wilderness at Island Lake provides countless hiking opportunities. Whether you are interested in a 30 minute walk or a full day hike, Island Lake has what you need. They have the best maintained and most diverse hiking trails in the valley. Want to learn about flora and fauna? Guided interpretive hikes are available.
Their hiking guides can take you on a short half day interpretive walk or an all day adventure. A guided hike is a great way to discover places you may not experience on your own and learn about the local flora and fauna of the area. There are some scheduled hikes listed below, but can book a hike for your group as well.
Guided Hiking Rates:
- Half Day Interpretive Hike – $45 per person (Minimum 2 people)
- Full Day Hike – $99 per person (Minimum 2 people) – ACMG certified hiking guide.
Scheduled Guided Hikes:
- Sunday, June 18th – Fathers Day (Tam View or Lake Trail depending on weather)
- Sunday, July 2nd – Big White Peak hike (Glacier Lilies are out!)
- Sunday, July 16th – Heiko’s Trail
- Sunday, July 30th – Lizard Lake
- Sunday, August 6th – Heiko’s Trail – (Prime Wildflowers in the Alpine)
- Sunday, August 20th – Lizard Lake – Cabin Bowl Loop
- Sunday, August 27th – Big White Peak hike
- Sunday, Sept 10th – Heiko’s Trail
For more infromation on guided hikes, trail descriptions, accommodation and more, visit Island Lake's website.