February 2018 New Business

Birr
Wearebirr.com

A new marketing agency has been established in Fernie by Jude Smith and Kyle Hamilton.

birr offers a full suite of marketing services and was responsible for The Fernie Elf this past December which created an audience of millions across social media and prime time TV.

birr is already working with clients in Fernie and Cranbrook and is looking to engage with more businesses and organizations that want to get more from their marketing spend.

The team at birr offers the local business community an alternative to seeking marketing partners in “The City,” while also offering regional business owners with ties to the Kootenays the opportunity to spend time developing creative marketing strategies while enjoying the local lifestyle, rather than at a drab boardroom table.

Cedar Valley Wood Floors
250-430-3012

Are your wood floors starting to look worn? You may feel that your wood floor seems too old and beat up to be restored. It could be that you’re worried about clouds of dust billowing out the windows while your floor is being sanded.

Cedar Valley Wood Floors can restore your wood floors with minimal dust. They also offer a maintenance coating service for those floors that just need some refreshing. With 20 years of experience, they install solid or engineered hardwoods, both unfinished and prefinished. They offer onsite sanding and finishing, complete restorations, and custom staining, all while offering environmentally friendly finishes. They can source and supply materials and are happy to work with residential homeowners, contractors, developers and designers.

Jared Robinson, owner of Cedar Valley Wood Floors, is currently working towards being a Bona Certified Craftsman. Call directly or visit their page on Facebook or Instagram at Cedar Valley Wood Floors.

Fernie Copper Works
Ferniecopperworks.ca
250-423-0292

Tim Popowich can hardly contain his enthusiasm about his new business, Fernie Copper Works Inc. After a long career in sheet metal, he went back to school and participated in the TIOW at the College of the Rockies. After 14 weeks of training with the College he was accepted into the small business program through WorkBC. Upon completion, Popowich was ready to start his own venture, and for the first time, he feels like he’s being creative.

Working with a natural material such as Copper allows for one-of-a-kind projects, tailored specifically to each client’s needs. Popowich builds strong relationships with his clients and is involved at every step, from planning, to fabrication and installation. His passion and love for what he does is evident in his work.

Fernie Feminists Present The Vagina Monologues
This February, a group of local Fernie women are incredibly proud to be launching a production of Eve Ensler’s award winning and internationally acclaimed play, The Vagina Monologues, to raise money and awareness for local and international organizations that work to stop violence against women and girls.

This world-renowned play, currently celebrating its 20th anniversary, is based on Eve Ensler’s interviews with more than 200 women. With humour and conviction, the piece celebrates women’s sexuality and strength through real women’s stories of intimacy, vulnerability and sexual self-discovery.

Performances will take place at The Fernie Arts Station on Friday, February 9 at 7pm and Saturday, February 10 at 1 and 7pm.

Tickets are available for $15 at Polar Peek Books & Treasures or from any cast member. 10% of all proceeds go to V-Day and the remaining 90% will be donated to the Fernie Women’s Resource Centre.

In the January Issue of the Fernie Fix, Silver Lining Events’ contact information was printed incorrectly. They can be reached at 250-430-7818 and via email at silverliningevents@shaw.ca. They also now have a FB and instagram page with additional details. Our apologies, Angela.